Championship polo, retail therapy, live music, street food, bars, sculpture and more! Saturday July 20th, 2019 – from 10am
This year Ladies’ Day at Cowdray Park Polo Club has more than ‘just’ the polo going on. You can shop at over 40 boutique stalls in the retail village, listen to live jazz and enjoy drinks and food by the bandstand. All this and watch some of the world’s top female polo players compete for the British Ladies Handicap tournament – and entry on the day is FREE, making it a great family day out!
The retail village has everything from accessories, antiques and art through to fashion, furnishings, food and wine…. For refreshments there’s The Brilliant Gin bar, the Cowdray Arms bar, the Cowdray Café Grill with ‘Ottolenghi-style’ food and fizz from the Nyetimber bus. Alternatively keep with one of the great Cowdray traditions and pack your own picnic for all the family to share.
On top of all of that, there’s live jazz on the bandstand, plenty of deckchairs to relax in while soaking up the atmosphere and a chance to see British sculptor Nic Fiddian-Green’s stunning piece depicting a drinking horse’s head installed behind the upper goal.
Plus, if one day of polo’s just not enough, then Sunday sees the final of the King Power Gold Cup – the world’s top polo players, more live music, a fun fair, bars, street food, the retail village and more.
Together the two days make up the UK’s biggest festival of polo – it’s an experience that’s not to be missed!
Entry to the grounds:
- Saturday July 20th | FREE | Gates open at 10am and close at early evening with the Women’s Open Championship matches starting at 3.00pm
- Free parking on both days. Dogs are welcome on leads.
The list of boutiques in the retail village includes:
- Banvard & James – Timeless Men’s Accessories
- Lucy Bradshaw Jewellery – Bespoke Handmade Sterling Silver Jewellery
- Casablanca Polo – Fine quality polo products and apparel
- Chagaan Cashmere – Luxury Mongolian cashmere
- Robert Christopher – Handcrafted leather goods
- Cowley House – Cashmere and Jewellery
- Equestrian Art – Original contemporary polo and equestrian fine art
- Estribos – Argentine leather
- Faro Home – Limited edition handmade soft furnishings
- Freddie’s Flowers – Delivering gloriously fresh flower arrangements
- Sophia French – Paintings
- Gulshan – Vintage luggage and accessories
- Helen Grace Hats – Hats including panamas
- Hook Polo – Contemporary alternatives to traditional polo equipment
- Hudson & Colt – Polo clothing and teamwear
- Humboldt Travel – Experts in luxury travel
- Indigo Boo – Beautiful cotton, silk and velvet coats
- Jewel House Rocks – Contemporary designer jewellery & bags
- Kaia London – Luxury Beachwear and accessories
- KC Collection – Ladies fashion and accessories
- Manyatta – Maasai beaded belts – traditional and bespoke
- Marie Josephine Home and Garden – Home and lifestyle products
- Martinico – Italian clothing, bags and accessories
- Memsahib – Embroidered jackets, kaftans and pashminas
- Nadia C – Ethically sourced, unique and handmade Panama Hats
- Oramai – Innovating linen
- Peper Harow – Men’s socks and leather goods
- Perold Wine Cellar – Premium South African wines and spirits
- Phoebe Grace – Luxury women’s clothing
- Pioneros – Argentinian polo belts, leather handbags, dog collars and accessories from Buenos Aires
- Pippa – Handbags made from saddles
- Polo Splice – Polo mallets
- Dida Ritchie – Luxury Espadrilles
- PUNCHY Drinks – Bespoke Punch drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Robusto House Cigars – Cuban Cigars
- Seren – Luxury silk jumpsuits and dresses
- Shawbury Vintners – Wine
- Softly Softly – Aplaca clothing
- La Tarde Polo Club – Argentine Polo Club holidays
- The Galloping Gallery – Polo art, rocking horses, hobby horses and antiques
Final of the King Power Gold Cup
Sunday July 21st | Tickets start from £22.50 and are available from cowdraypolo.co.uk/gold-cup-tickets or on the gate. U12s are free. Gates open at 10.30am. The King Power Gold Cup Final starts at 3pm.
For more information go to cowdraypolo.co.uk/events or call 01730813257.
Photos by: celiafilms