This week’s weather is set to be scorching!🌞
Sun safety is paramount to us so we ask everyone coming this week to be extra careful and recommend the following:
🌡 Wear sun cream, 30+ SPF recommended.
🌡 Hydrate throughout the day, bring a re-fillable bottle for water.
🌡 Wear a hat.
🌡 Bring a sun shade such as a tent or parasol. Areas of shade on site are limited.
🌡 Dogs are unfortunately not permitted due to the heat. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR DOGS AT HOME
A note on pony welfare.
Following advice from our vets and horse welfare experts, we are taking extra special care of our equine athletes over the Semi Finals and the Final.
- The pony lines will be covered to provide shade.
- Misting fans have been brought in to help keep the ponies cool before and after they play.
- Ponies will have limited time on the field and will be hosed down each time they play.
- Designated grooms will be ‘hot walking’ ponies to help them cool down and recover after play.
- Both Club and Team vets will be onsite throughout the day keeping a close eye on the ponies.
All the grooms are highly experienced and will always put the welfare of the ponies first.